Here is a list of things not to do when someone in the house has a raging, throbbing ear ache:
- Vacuum…especially at 8am….especially if you don’t normally vacuum.
- Suggest taking the kids swimming.
- Rile the kids up by picking them up and tossing them on the couch yelling, “Flying monkeys!”
- Then walk away before the kids have had their fill of flying, leaving them jonesing for just one more toss.
- Let ear acher know how pissed you are that you lost at last night’s poker game — a game mere days after a poker weekend. A game hours before you go to a baseball game. All activities leaving me with two toddlers. Two toddlers who have dropped their naps. While ear acher has an ear ache.
- Hum mindlessly.
- Tell ear acher that ear aches aren’t bad if there is no accompanying fever.
- Eat the last of the Honey Bunches of Oats.
- Put a spoon used to give the boys honey (cough soothing in the early morning) on to their dresser when we are battling sugar ants.
- Put 4-hour-later sugar ant infested spoon in the kitchen, the one room ear acher managed to keep ant free.
- Ask ear ache victim if she has PMS.
#11 is always a bad move.